Ohio State at Wisconsin odds, picks and prediction
The Ohio State Buckeyes (11-4 overall, 5-4 Big Ten) visit the Wisconsin Badgers (12-3, 6-2) Saturday for a Top-25 matchup at 4 p.m. ET. Below, we analyze the Ohio State-Wisconsin college basketball odds and lines, with picks and predictions.
The Badgers are ranked 10th and the Buckeyes 18th in the Ferris Mowers Coaches Poll powered by USA TODAY Sports.
Ohio State at Wisconsin: Odds, spread and lines
- Money line : Ohio State +180 (bet $100 to win $180) | Wisconsin -225 (bet $225 to win $100)
- Against the spread/ATS : Ohio State +4.5 (-105) | Wisconsin -4.5 (-115)
- Over/Under : 134.5 (O: -110 | U: -110)
Ohio State at Wisconsin: Three things to know
- Ohio State had a three-game win streak snapped when 5.5-point underdog Purdue hit a 3-pointer with 5 seconds left to stun the Buckeyes 67-65 Tuesday. Junior G Duane Washington Jr. averages an OSU-best 15.7 PPG, just ahead of sophomore F E.J. Liddell (14.1 PPG), the team's top rebounder (6.8 RPG). Starting PG CJ Walker (8.7 PPG, team-high 4.2 APG) missed the last four games with torn ligaments in his right hand and is out indefinitely.
- Wisconsin enters on a two-game win streak. The Badgers beat Rutgers 60-54 as 2.5-point road favorites Jan. 15, and held Northwestern to 18 second-half points in a 68-52 victory as 11-point home favorites Wednesday. Senior G D'Mitrik Trice leads Wisconsin in scoring (14.8 PPG) and assists (3.7 APG), while senior F Micah Potter (12.1 PPG) leads in rebounds (6.7 RPG).
- Wisconsin has won the last 3 vs. Ohio State, including a 70-57 home victory in the last meeting Feb. 9, 2020. The Badgers are 6-2 straight-up and 6-2 ATS in the last eight of the series, dating back to March 8, 2015.
Special College Basketball Betting Promotion!
Bet $1 on any college basketball team money line, WIN an additional $100 (in free bets) if ANY team hits a 3-pointer today. Promotion available in CO, IN, MI, NJ, TN and WV. IA and PA residents, don't miss BetMGM 's risk-free, first-bet offer!
Place your legal, online sports bets at BetMGM! Terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Ohio State at Wisconsin: Odds, betting lines, predictions and picks
Ohio State 67, Wisconsin 64
Money line (ML)
Back OHIO STATE ( +180) with a HALF-UNIT wager. The Buckeyes are 2-3 on the road in Big Ten play but have won their last two - which came against ranked opponents. OSU won at then-No. 14 Rutgers 79-68 as a 3.5-point underdog Jan. 9, and at then-No. 13 Illinois 87-81 as an 8-point dog Jan. 16.
Plus, Ohio State hasn't lost two in a row this season, is 5-3-1 ATS in Big Ten play and have to be chomping at the bit after the Purdue loss. Wisconsin is 4-4 ATS in the Big Ten and 2-3 ATS in conference home games.
Against the spread (ATS)
OHIO STATE +4.5 ( -105) is the way to go, giving us a little insurance. Just in case the Buckeyes don't win our money line bet with an outright victory, they should cover the spread.
ATS: Ohio State 8-6-1 | Wisconsin 7-7-1
Back the UNDER 134.5 ( -110) with a HALF-UNIT bet. Wisconsin's defense leads the Big Ten at 61.4 PPG allowed; Ohio State is fourth at 67.7 PPG.
Offensively, the Buckeyes rank fifth in the conference by scoring 76.7 PPG; the Badgers are 11th at 73.3 PPG.
O/U records: Ohio State 8-7 | Wisconsin 8-7
|Johnny's 2020-21 CBK record / Strongest plays|
36-28-1 / 15-17
|CBK record since Jan. 1 / Strongest plays|
21-11-1 / 10-7
|2021 overall record (all sports) / Strongest plays|
33-16-1 / 17-9
|2020 overall record (all sports) / Strongest plays|
178-147-4 / 87-61-1
Additional college sports coverage from USA TODAY Sports Media Group:
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.