2021 Runnels County Junior Livestock Show Schedule
Due to COVID-19, the Runnels County Junior Livestock Show Board has decided to change the layout and schedule for the 2021 show.
These changes will be in effect for this year’s show in order to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19. In addition, the schedule changes are in effect to help limit the number of people on the show grounds at any one time. We ask that each exhibitor follow these changes to help make the 2021 Runnels County Junior Livestock Show a success and help limit the possible spread of COVID-19.
• All exhibitors and spectators are required to properly wear face coverings. Exhibitors will be allowed to pull mask down in the show ring.
• Please properly social distance.
• Please wash your hands and use hand sanitizer often.
• Exhibitors and families are asked to only be on the grounds the day they show and on sale day.
• For the 2021show, animal arrival and removal from grounds will be altered
▪ Arrival and weigh in are staggered throughout the 3 days.
▪ Once a species is done showing,those animals and exhibitors are required to leave.
• For the 2021show, exhibitors will be permitted to show from their trailer if desired. Pens will still be available to hold animals inside the barns.
• Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion animals in each species will be led by the exhibitor through the sale.
• The Board,Officers, and Advisors will work with exhibitors on a case-by-case basis should COVID-19 issues arise. Exhibitors are asked to contact their advisor as issues arise.Please contact your County Agent or Ag teacher with any questions.
2021 Runnels County Livestock Show Schedule
Wednesday, January 13th-
9 a.m. - Set up for show
Thursday, January 14th -
8:00 am - 5:30 pm - Arrival of all rabbits
8:00 am - 6:00 pm - Arrival of all pigs
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm - - Weigh in of all rabbits
5:00 pm - 7:00 pm - Weigh in of all pigs
7:00 pm - Rabbit Show - Showmanship, Fryers, Breeding
Friday, January 15th
7:00 a.m. - 10:00 am - Arrival of all Sheep & Goats
9:00 a.m. Swine Show - Breeding, Market
10:00 a.m. - 11:30 am - Weigh in of all sheep & goats
1:00 p.m. - Meat Goat Show (or immediately following the swine show)
Sheep Show (Following Meat Goat) - Market, Breeding
6:00 pm - Begin arrival of heifers & steers (optional)
Saturday, January 16th
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 am - Weigh in of all steers
8:00 a.m. - Heifer Check-In
9:00 a.m. - Cattle Show - Heifers, Steers
12:30 - 1:30 p.m. - Meal
2:00 p.m. - Premium Sale
Sunday, January 17th
2:00 pm - Clean up – All families are required to help!